On October 25 and November 1, the Ben Franklin Club will be traveling to Putnam and Westchester to campaign for State Senate Candidate Justin Wagner and Congressman Sean Patrick Maloney. We will leave at 10:30 am and return at 6:00 pm.
Our goal are to elect a Democratic State Senate to pass measures like Women’s Equality and a higher minimum wage, along with a host of other progressive items, and to make sure that New York is represented by Democrats in Congress
If you would like to elect progressives, please email us at BenFranklinClub@gmail.com
Let us know:
1. Which date or dates can you campaign?
2. Are you able to drive or would you need a ride?
Thank you for your support!
- President’s Report
- Election to Fill a Vacancy in the At-Large Membership of the Executive Committee
The election of Eric Dinowitz as male District Leader in the 81st AD, replacing Bruce Feld, created a vacancy in the at-large Executive Committee membership. An individual will be elected to fill the vacancy at this meeting.
- DEBATE ON PROPOSAL ONE (on Redistricting)
- Rachael Fauss, Director of Public Policy, CITIZENS UNION will speak FOR the Proposal
- Susan Lerner, Executive Director, COMMON CAUSE NY will speak AGAINST the Proposal
These two good-government groups are on opposite sides of the proposed redistricting constitutional amendment that will appear on the November 4 general election ballot. Both will argue their cases and take questions from the floor.
For an abstract of all three November ballot proposals see:
- New Business
Check out our new “2014 Election” section. There you can find information about important dates leading up to the November 4 election and the Ballot Proposals for the 2014 election